The Generic Adventure Site Guide skills program for Adventure Guides fully approved for both delivery, assessment and recognition of prior learning.
This Skills program is for the Guide who is specialising in a certain area of expertise within adventure site guide. It can be used for, all adventure based activities according to the rules of combination as described below. HOWEVER, Paddling and Mountaineering can still use the other existing specific programmes.
There are many different ways in which you can access this program:
- Full Online GASG Course – R2545
- Online Recognition of Prior Learning with Learner Guides – R2545
- Online Recognition of Prior Learning without Learner Guides – R2333
- Learner Guides Only – R212
- Re-Registration of an additional 120 days – R425
These are costs for the online component only. Cost for the practical assessment (if required) is not included and must be budgeted for in addition to this. Please contact the Assessor of your choice for a quote.
Facilitated courses are quoted for my the Facilitator concerned. Contact a facilitator
Not all Learners are suited to online learning. Please discuss this with us to make sure you are getting the best training for you.
Our technical pre-requisites are as follows:
We required that you have reliable internet access (whether that be at home or your local library) that is capable of downloading files and are familiar and capable of doing the following:
- Use Microsoft Word for assignment writing (or an equal document creation application.Not Google docs please)
- Have a functional email address and be familiar with how to email regularly.
- Be capable of attaching a document to an email
- Be capable of downloading PDF’s and printing them for your studies (can be done at home or through a third party such as office depot)
- Be comfortable with signing into an online system with an username and password and keeping that secure.
If you would like us to contact you about this skills program, please contact us